Friday, March 1, 2013

Little House on the Trailer

A few months ago, I saw a slideshow on Yahoo! News concerning building a little house on a trailer.

The builder has a blog, that you can read at littleyellowdoor.

There are several floor plans on line for similar houses, and even a book I want to get, but to be honest, the floor plan in littleyellowdoor is one that I really like.

It is open, makes great use of the space, good flow, and decent sizes of the rooms, and a lot of shelf space.

I have a few alterations I would like in mind. Like a spice cabinet near the kitchen area, against the counter on the sink end going t the loft area. This would also give me extra wall space to have a towel rack from, and the side can be used to hold my pans as they hang up.

Cabinets above the some of the counter for a little extra space, and a college dorm fridge under part of the counter, and a bookshelf in the living room on the little china hutch type thing that was shown.

I am working on finding some archatecture software that would let me plan it out, but so far, I have found nothing that works on Linux. I may have some old disks that work on Windows I can try,

But in 10 year, I want to be living in one of these. Total, it should cost around $15,000. Even if I need to take out a small loan to cover it, I should be able to build it myself (with a little help).

Rev. Greenhat

No comments:

Post a Comment